We all have some unique things we do at home to take our skin care routine to the next level. I personally love glossy, glowing skin. It looks healthy and beautiful even when wearing a bare face. I am going to share with you my five personal holy grail skin care routine tips for glowing skin no matter the season.
Five simple home care tips for a beautiful glow:
1. Ice Facial: Have you ever heard of an ice facial? This is my favorite tip for you, and I can tell you that if you try it, you will thank me in a couple of weeks. Ice facials can be done at home daily, I prefer doing them first thing in the morning to awaken my senses and my skin while leaving my skin prepped for my natural makeup. Ice facials brighten the complexion and leave your skin glowing and polished. They are free, just make sure to always have ice-cubes in your freezer and voila, you will get the glow. Ice constrict blood vessels and capillaries, which lessens the pore size, smoothes away wrinkles and also gives you a beautiful radiant complexion.
2. Use a Vitamin C serum that also nourishes the skin: Not all vitamin C are made equal. Some can be very high in vitamin C yet cause unwanted irritation and breakouts if you have sensitive skin. I personally like choosing a mild vitamin C that if used consistently, it will do the same as a potent vitamin C but without unwanted redness and irritation. I also like to add hyaluronic acid to my skin care home routine as this ingredient helps plumping and keeping your skin hydrated with water. You can use several serums to get these types of ingredients, or simply use Poet's Garden Alchemist Radiant Vitamin. C Serum. This serum has it all, it has a 5% gentle vitamin C for any skin type, including the most sensitive, but also has hyaluronic acid and citrus stem cells, making it a true multi-tasker for your daily home routine. I love the gel, light texture and gentle natural aroma from the citrus fruits in this serum. Perfect for daily use.
3. Use a gentle moisturizer: Why do I say gentle? Because irritated and angry skin doesn't glow. If you want a beautiful healthy skin glow, your skin's barrier needs to be healthy and happy. I love a gentle moisturizer that can nourish the skin yet not feel heavy and be also anti-inflammatory. Find one that contains hyaluronic acid, anti-oxidants and squalane for a flawless complexion. My personal favorite is Poet's Garden Alchemist Drench Day Cream, because of its gel light texture yet nourishing with anti-oxidants, vitamins and plumping and hydrating with hyaluronic acid. This awesome gel to cream formula also contains squalane for added hydration and also to soothe any inflammation within the skin. Having a healthy skin barrier is the very first step to a youthful and glowing complexion.
4. Don't forget your SPF: Because sun-damaged, hyper-pigmented skin doesn't glow. It is better to enjoy your natural skin tone and have glossy skin than to have a tan complexion that is screaming dry, flaky and irritation all over the place. Your skin tone is perfect just the way it is, if you want to be tan, why not look for a fabulous tinted SPF that will give you a deeper color to your natural complexion or a non-toxic self-tanner? I personally like using our Poet's Garden Alchemist Bronze tinted SPF 30+ because it makes me look tan without looking orange or yellow from a bad self-tanner experience. It is safe and also protects my skin from the sun and further environmental damage, but guess what? A good self-tanner should not make you look orange! So it is a preference, though wearing sunscreen daily should be a part of your daily routine no matter what.
5. Drink water: We all love soda, coffees and teas, but these can be dehydrating to our body and our skin. Making sure that you drink at least 8-10 glasses of water each day will keep your skin luminous and plumped all day. There is no better and easier way to stay beautiful! Simply drink water for a healthier you and a beautiful glow. How easy is this tip? Just carry a water jug with you everywhere you go and you will see how simple is to stay hydrated on the go.
Morning routine for ice-facial:
- Wash your face with our Immaculate Oil Face Cleanser.
- Remove any residue with a warm wet microfiber towel.
- Use two to three ice-cubes all over your face, neck and décolleté, massage them as they melt away in your skin.
- Pat dry gently your skin and use our Radiant Vitamin. C serum with Hyaluronic acid and citrus stem cells.
- Use our Drench Day Cream.
- Use our tinted or sheer SPF 30+
Check our web-store for these items and get glowing!
Share your thoughts if you have already tried ice-facials. We would love to know what you think of this unique home facial.