Skin Benefits Of Bentonite Clay
The skin benefits of bentonite clay are many. Bentonite clay is a powerhouse that deeply purifies and awakes the complexion by flushing toxins, and absorbing sebum and dirt that has been stuck in the pores. It is amazing at soothing the skin and relieving rashes and dermatitis as it is a powerful anti-inflammatory. It is amazing for those struggling with acne or over production of oil, but anyone may benefit from this super ingredient. One cool fact about bentonite clay is that it's great to help lighten your skin by lifting away the darker skin cells, it helps reveal the brighter skin below.
Bentonite clay is a gentle clay that forms a paste when mixed with water. It works by sticking to the molecules or ions of dirt and impurities and it takes the toxin out of the molecule with it when washed away. It's able to even absorb bacteria from the skin! It contains natural minerals like calcium, iron, silica and magnesium, which are also very beneficial for the skin's health.
What are some other benefits of using bentonite clay on your skin care routine?
1. Removes toxins and bacteria from the skin to keep it healthy.
2. Treats excessive oil production and pesky breakouts.
3. Helps treat rashes like dermatitis and poison ivy and relieves the itching and pain associated with the rash.
4. Provides an added natural sun protection. Even though the FDA hasn't approved this particular ingredient as a sunscreen, many studies have proven that the clay can actually protect the skin from further UV ray damage specially when used with a mineral SPF.
5. Exfoliates and brightens the skin by removing dead skin cells.
6. Gives the skin a serious glow. It contains silica, a mineral that helps strengthen the skin's connective tissue and is also known for leaving the skin soft and silky. Silica is an oxygen carrier, which makes your skin hydrated and healthy giving it a natural glow.
7. Prevents blackheads by keeping the pores unclogged from sebum and toxins.
8. Rejuvenates the skin by helping keep wrinkles at bay and firming the skin.
One of my favorite facts about bentonite clay is its ability to remineralize your skin back to health. Infusing the skin with minerals has proven very beneficial for the overall health of the skin.
How to use bentonite clay:
If you are dry and sensitive, I would recommend using this ingredient in your skin care routine about 3 to 4 times per week. If you are combination to oily or are struggling with acne, you can use this ingredient every single day for best results.
We recommend using our Exfoliating Enzymes Cleanser. This Brightening Powder Cleanser contains a lovely blend of botanicals and enzymes that gently exfoliate the skin to help promote more supple and radiant skin. Contains bentonite clay, papain enzymes and 15% L-Ascorbic Acid for a serious glow and to aid in reversing sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and age spots. The Papaya Enzymes help brighten and exfoliate gently the skin to keep your complexion healthy. Perfect for all skin types, particularly those that suffer from hyperpigmentation or acne breakouts.
How to use our powder cleanser: Add a dime-size amount of powder into the palm of your hand, make sure your hands are wet to activate into a fizzing foam. Massage onto wet face and neck in circular motions. Rinse and pat dry.
This amazing ingredient has been used for centuries all over the world. If you are looking for something that would add value to your current skin care routine, try this precious ingredient. You will love your skin and how simple it is to use.
Have you ever tried this particular ingredient? What is your favorite way to use it? Share in the comments below! We would love to hear about your unique ways to use bentonite clay on your skin care routine and don't forget to visit our shop to get some great natural holistic skincare to add to your daily routine.