Simple skincare routine for teenagers
Being a teenager is tough enough, hormones are all over the place and over production of oil and acne start appearing when looks at most important. Sticking to a skincare routine as a teenager can be tough, especially with so many options and so many steps, it can become overly complicated and hard to choose. At Poet's Garden Alchemist, we believe that simple is best when it comes to a skincare routine for teenagers. The simpler it is, the easier it is to stick to the routine at this age, and as long as it is providing results, simple is a great way to start any home skin care journey.
Simple skincare routine for teenagers:
1. Cleanse: This step is most important. A good skin care routine starts by cleansing the face morning and night. Removing makeup at night-time is extremely important so the makeup doesn't clog pores and irritate the skin further. Cleansing your face in the morning is also important, as it removes sebum build-up that happens when restoring the skin through the night. We recommend our Illuminating Powder Enzyme Cleanser.
This Brightening Powder Cleanser contains a lovely blend of botanicals and enzymes that gently exfoliate the skin to help promote more supple and radiant skin. Contains L-Ascorbic Acid for a serious glow and to aid in reversing hyperpigmentation caused by acne. The Papaya Enzymes help brighten and exfoliate gently the skin to keep your complexion healthy. Perfect for all skin types, particularly those that suffer from t-zone oil or all over oily skin and acne breakouts. The bentonite clay aids in keeping pores clean and reducing sebum.
Use: Add a dime-sized amount of powder into the palm of your hand and combine with a small amount of water to activate into a fizzing foam. Massage onto wet face and neck in circular motions. Rinse and pat dry.
2. Exfoliate: If you use the above cleanser, you can skip this step, as our Illuminating Powder Enzyme Cleanser is also a gentle exfoliant that can be used daily. If you skip the step above, then, I would find a gentle exfoliant that you can use once or twice per week. Exfoliation is important to keep the dead skin cells from clogging the pores further and to keep the skin clear and bright. When looking for an exfoliant, make sure it is gentle, as very harsh exfoliants can cause more damage than good, especially for acne-prone skin types. Also, make sure it's a non-toxic, plant-based exfoliant. Adding toxins to your skin care ritual will only lead to more irritation and acne.
3. Treat concern: Adding a treatment serum is a must when you are dealing with breakouts and over-production of sebum. Treatment serums are the gold standard for beautiful skin. They are what treats the concern through very concentrated active ingredients that target the concern at the root. We recommend our Clear Pro Serum.
Our Clear Pro Serum is the answer to your skin over production of oil and breakouts. Balance your skin and minimize the inflammation from blemishes with this fast-acting and potent plant-based formula. Your skin will look bright, clear and healthy.
Use: Apply 3-5 drops to clean face and neck area. Gently massage into skin until absorbed. Use twice daily or as a spot treatment.
- Lilac Stem Cells: Clinical studies show that this ingredient, when applied twice per day for 30 days, it reduced acne sessions by 40% after just 30 days. It also helped with the reduction of inflammation and pigmentation left by acne.
- Niacinamide: It helps build cells within the skin and also protects them from environmental damage. This ingredient can be helpful for severe acne, especially cystic acne. Great for increasing oxygenation, circulation and reducing sebum from the skin.
- Willow Bark: Derived from the bark of a willow tree. This ingredient is a powerful anti-inflammatory containing salicin (salicylic acid comes from this). Anti-inflammatory and anti-bacterial, it clears clogged pores.
- Lactobacillus: Clinical studies show that this ingredient can help reduce skin breakouts and can help reduce the need for topical antibiotics.
- L-ascorbic acid: It contains anti-inflammatory properties and helps reduce redness and inflammation caused by acne. It repairs winds caused by acne and accelerates healing.