There are many studies on the benefits of B vitamins for skin health. B vitamins could help prevent aging, acne and help achieve a more even toned complexion. The main beauty benefit of B vitamins is that they can reverse damage caused by free-radicals.
If you are suffering from chronic skin issues or with a dull complexion – the cause may be a vitamin B deficiency.
Let's dive deeper at different B vitamins and what each can do for your skin when applied topically:
- Vitamin B1 (thiamine): Thiamine is great for sensitive, red, irritated, acne-prone or even dry skin. It helps improve the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles.
- Vitamin B2 (riboflavin): Helps with skin tone and dullness. The skin becomes more radiant while also balancing sebum production. Perfect for dry or acneic skin.
- Vitamin B3 (niacinamide): Supports your skin's natural immune system. It helps protect against environmental stressors and improves the overall look of mature, dry and sensitive skin. Increases circulation and oxygenation within the skin for a brighter complexion. Can aid in reducing hyperpigmentation.
- Vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid): Perfect for keeping skin feeling hydrated and supple. Anti-inflammatory, calming the appearance of redness and clearing up unwanted skin rashes.
- Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine): Improves and balances hormonal acne, inflammation and redness.
- Vitamin B7 (biotin): Revitalizes the skin, brightens and gives you a healthy glow. Great for dull and aging skin.
- Vitamin B9 (folic acid or folate): Purifies the complexion. Perfect for acne prone or congested pores.
- Vitamin B12 (cobalamin): Brightens dull skin. Helps to diminish the look of dark spots and uneven skin tone.
What are some B vitamins super foods to also add to your diet?
- Vitamin B1: Green peas, sesame seeds and spinach.
- Vitamin B2: Mushrooms, almonds and spinach.
- Vitamin B3: Green peas, mushrooms and oatmeal.
- Vitamin B5: Avocados, mushrooms and tomatoes.
- Vitamin B6: Sunflower seeds, bananas and garbanzo beans.
- Vitamin B7: Walnuts, almonds and oatmeal.
- Vitamin B9: Spinach, garbanzo beans and lentils.
- Vitamin B12: Cheese, eggs, shellfish or Nori Algae if you are a vegan.
Poet's Garden Drench Day Cream & Rejuvenate Night Cream contain vitamins B3, B5, B6, among many other amazing vitamins and natural ingredients to aid on a clear, smooth and brighter complexion. Check our shop and start your journey to beautiful skin.