Have you ever wondered why you should use a body butter? Body butters come with a lot of benefits. They are nutrient dense rich creams compromised with many different oils that help nourish, strengthen, moisturize your skin while also helping with stretch marks, scars, irritation and rashes.
If you are used to only using a light lotion or cream, and you have never tried a body butter before, you should give one a try. When choosing a body butter, look for body butters that are free of toxic chemicals, parabens, and any other possible nasties. In this blog post, we would like to recommend a natural alternative to many body butters that have toxins, a beautiful plant-based formula full of omegas, essential oils and nourishing plant and nut oils that will nurture your skin leaving it smooth and radiant without compromising your health. Body butters are normally thicker and richer. A true luxurious experience every time is applied.
Five benefits of body butters:
1. The perfect nourishing moisturizer for the body: If your skin is dry, cracked or sensitive, adding a body butter that contains shea butter and babassu oil is a must for your self-love routine. Not only a body butter will deeply hydrate your skin, but it is also high in antioxidants that can help firm and keep your skin looking youthful and radiant. What is lovely about babassu oil is how it is absorbed very fast, never leaving a feeling of stickiness within the skin.
2. Perfect during pregnancy to prevent stretch-marks and itchy skin: I am sure if you are now pregnant or have been pregnant before, you know the terrible itchiness that comes with a growing belly. Not only you feel very itchy but there come the stretch-marks. It feels like a battle trying to stay comfortable and making sure your skin is well nourished so it can grow without showing those unwanted stretched-marks. if you’re looking for a body butter to reduce or prevent stretch marks, make sure you look for one with the right blend of healing butters like shea, cocoa and babassu, which are proven to improve skin elasticity and minimize the appearance of stretch-marks. Check out our favorite one from Poet's Garden Alchemist called Coconut Muse. This body butter has everything and more to help your belly grow and your skin glow. If you are working on stretch-marks, this body butter must be use every single day for you to see the benefits.
3. Soothes Eczema, rashes and even sunburn: Did you know that body butters containing shea butter are one of the best kind of butters you can use for your eczema-prone skin, rashes and sensitivity? Interestingly there was a 2009 study done by the University of Kansas that proved how shea butter worked as an option for treating eczema. A patient with a moderate case of eczema applied shea butter to one arm every day and the other used vaseline. The arm she used shea butter on completely almost cleared up after several weeks of using it religiously. Same goes for sunburn and rashes! Body butters are extremely healing due to their nourishing ingredients that strengthen the skin's barrier.
4. Perfect for skin cell renewal: The greatest thing about body butters? They do not need to be reapplied but once per day as their deep hydration will last the entire day. Body butters are also known to reduce degradation of skin cells and increase the elasticity within the skin, making it more youthful, tighter and less wrinkled. It is basically an anti-aging body treatment too! So don't skip your daily dose of body butter, your skin will thank you.
5. Use it to hydrate also your nail cuticles and hair: The fatty acids found in our Coconut Muse body butter benefits your hair and cuticle health by truly nourishing your hair and nail cuticles with omegas and antioxidants. By rubbing a tablespoon of body butter into the scalp, you can make your hair follicles stronger and help rescue your hair from hair loss and lack of luster. You can even sleep with it as a deeply hydrating hair treatment, specially if your hair is unruly and frizzy. I recommend wearing a turban to bed so your pillow and sheets don't get ruined. The nourishing ingredients also aid in keeping your nail cuticles in check and smooth, you might even be able to skip your by-weekly manicure for just once per month manicure just by using the body butter daily on your hands and nail cuticles.
Body butters have an immense amount of benefits for your body's skin, hair, lips, feet and much more. They nourish, protect, and repair the skin, which means that this product is a true multi-tasker for your daily beauty ritual.
Just think in how many ways you can start using your favorite body butter. If you’re looking for a luxurious way to pamper yourself while being eco-conscious, check out Poet's Garden Alchemist Coconut Muse Body Butter and start indulging yourself.
Let us know your favorite body butter and in which ways you use it! Share below.